Monday, December 1, 2008

O Christmas Tree...

YAY! Christmas is upon us! It snowed for the first time yesterday and it made me so happy!

Those that know me, know that I'm a very anxious person. I don't like waiting for things, especially things that I'm excited about. When I have a vision or idea, I have to do right then.

With that being said, I have a confession.....




I have had my Christmas tree up for 3 weeks already. EEK! I got the theme of my Christmas tree nailed down, and I started buying the decorations in the middle of October. (I know, it's gross. But I saw these cute ornaments in a Crate and Barrel mag and it became the inspiration for my tree.) So I went out and bought the ornaments and all the other decorations. And, here in St. Louis there is a radio station that has been playing Christmas music 24/7 since the week before Halloween. So that didn't help matters. But it's super cute, and now I present to you- my PEACOCK CHRISTMAS TREE!






My mom always did theme trees, so that's where I get my ideas from. They are so pretty, and are a great way to showcase your personality!

I always have used artificial trees. I like the smell of real ones, but I don't like dealing with the sap and the pine needles. SUCH a mess! I bought my tree from Wal-Mart (pre-lit, which saves time AND money!) and the pre lit one was about $5 cheaper than the unlit one. So, it was a no brainer. I got it home, and I lasted 2 hours before I gave in to my urges to put it up. I got it out, put it together, and I was so disappointed! There were MAJOR gaps between the layers, which wasn't that noticeable at night, but during the day you could see right through the darn tree!

But, being my crafty self, I had a solution. If you have a tree that isn't as full as you like, then buy a GARLAND and stuff in in the middle of the tree to fill it in! It will make your tree look like a million bucks, for only about 5 bucks!

Happy Decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Better or Worse...